Wednesday, April 27, 2011

No. 4: Electoral College

 I don't really have much to say about this debate, as I'm biased and self-degrading, due to my groups positioning as the Pro-side of the argument, and the fact that I personally ruined the better part of this debate through a rant that I devised during the Con side's opening argument. I am personally in support of the Electoral College, as it keeps third parties from ruining our two-party system, and allows the major parties to absorb the third party movements. The electoral college does allow minority voices to be heard more than if there were direct election, however, anybody listening to the debate would not know that, as I did a great job of confusing the hell out of everybody and making myself look like a fool instead of properly present that argument. Needless to say, our group "leader" made me prepare speeches for subsequent debates. On the plus side, I think I was able to leave with some of my dignity. Maybe everybody will see my size and mannerisms, assume I'm a football player, and give me a break. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment