Thursday, April 28, 2011

No. 10: Wrap Up

 Okay, honestly, I came in to this debate late, but I could catch the main drifts from it. The con side was like me, not afraid of the vindictive Mr. Tyre and believed that MacKinder's theory is about as outdated as the last rerun of the Golden Girls, and the pro side was basically putting their heart and soul into the debate because they wanted a good grade, which I'm sure Mr. Tyre gave them brownie points for.
  Overall, I liked the class. I would not have taken it so soon if I had known what I was in for, but it was an okay class. I enjoy group work because I enjoy communication, however, this group work sucked: one of our group members was a grad student with a chip on her shoulder. Need I say more? She honestly ruined the group work experience for me. She was rude, snooty, stuck up, RUDE, and bossy as hell. I couldn't make it to a group meeting because I had food poisoning, and she yelled at me for not pulling my weight and threatened to remove my name from the project. She thought we were taking advantage of her because she was a grad student, when in reality that was a figment of her imagination. She talks to us like she's somebody important: you don't talk to people however you want to, you're not afforded that luxury.
  Sorry, I did not mean to get in a world class pissing match about this. But overall, I liked the class, A- class, I would probably take a class with this instructor again, provided that this certain group member was not a part of the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment